Microclover™ Black Beauty
Initially developed as part of a contract for the New York City Parks Department (which has strict water and fertilizer limitations), this remarkable product combines the best of Black Beauty Sod with the incredible benefits of Microclover™ organic sod.
Unlike 'white clover' or 'dutch clover', Microclover will not colonize by spreading and growing only in patches. Microclover™ plants will remain small, individual, and evenly sprinkled throughout the grass to create a look that is beautiful and a lawn that is self-sustaining.
Microclover's™ sustainability comes from its ability to create an eco-friendly lawn that produces its own nitrogen. This decreases the environmental impact of nutrient runoff and provides a healthy alternative to chemical lawn treatments.
Some of the benefits of Microclover™ Black Beauty / Players Best are:
- It requires minimal water and zero chemical input
- The Microclover “spoon feeds” nitrogen to the grass
- The product has low growth height with minimal clover flowers
- It produces healthy, dense turf
- Excellent wear and traffic control
- It crowds out and prevents weeds,
- It is environmentally friendly, a product requiring no chemical input
- It is shade tolerant
- It acts as a natural filter
- The product is less desirable to white grubs, minimizing grub damage to turf applications
Melinda Myers, the author of “The Ohio Lawn Guide” says it best:
“Microclover’s™ biggest benefit is its ability to fix nitrogen. Which means Microclover™ is its own little fertilizer factory.”
- Home lawns
- Golf courses
- Athletic fields
- and more
Contact us for more information on this exciting product and learn how it may be a fit for your next project.